Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Need Refreshing???

“Water, please!”  My boys LOVE to play outside with their daddy!  Football is usually their first choice.  When they get started, they don’t stop…until, of course, they are panting for water.

Ice cold water on a hot summer day – isn’t that refreshing?

As Tad gulped his water and ended with an ahhhh sound, I began to think about the Word of God.  The way Tad felt after that big glass of ice water is exactly the way I feel after I spend time with my Savior…ahhhhh.   Isn’t that precious time refreshing?

How about you? In these days of busy, fast paced lifestyles, refreshing may be just what you need.  I know, I know, some days it is difficult to find time.  And when you do try to find time, the phone rings or the children awake.  Have you ever gotten up and thought, “Oh well, I tried.”  Have you ever gone to bed and promised the Lord tomorrow would be different?

You know, Tad isn’t thinking of that water as a choice.  He needed refreshing, so it was a priority to stop playing long enough to get refreshed.  We should make our time with God even more of a priority.  It isn’t something else on our to-do list; it is necessary for our relationship with Christ.

I read once that we should stop trying to fit God into our plans and start letting yourself fit into God’s plans.

Acts 3:19 says that times of refreshing come from the presence of the Lord.  Is your soul thirsty? Give it a drink of Jesus!  The Bible says you will never thirst again!  (John 6:35)

No comments:

Post a Comment