Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Monday, July 2, 2012

Mirror, Mirror - Part 2


I met my husband in June of 2001.  During that summer we had lots of fun playing on the river.  I knew immediately he was my “Mr. Right”.  He proposed 5 months later and we were married 3 months after that!  Dating him for 8 months before marriage, I thought I knew everything about him!  Needless to say, I didn’t.  The more time we spend together, the more I learn exactly what makes my husband tick.
For example…I NEVER use the phrase “you NEED to” instead I say “have you thought about”.  (You NEED to call your mother.  Vs  Have you thought about calling your mother?) “Need” seems like I am giving him a command.  “Have you thought” makes it sound like an idea.  It took a few years of marriage to learn this.

On the other hand…He has learned that when I say “Are you going to wear that?”  It really means you should wear something nicer!  HA!  Glad he figured that out!

Wow!  The more time you spend with someone, the more you learn about them.

It is the same with Christ.  There is no crash course on learning the character of God.  Unless we truly seek Him, striving to learn His every way, spending time with Him, we will have a distorted view of Him.  Only when we know Him can we reflect Him.  And let me promise you that once your relationship with Christ becomes extraordinary, you will never want it to go back to ordinary!  Do yourself a favor and passionately pursue the God who has the power to create the universe by His spoken words.

No comments:

Post a Comment