Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Monday, December 13, 2010

Digging Deeper



What a wonderful weekend of Bible study and worship I enjoyed with 2 close friends!  Kay Arthur, Priscillia Shirer, and Beth Moore taught the word of God with passion!  The "Deeper Still" conference is all about digging deeper into the Bible and allowing the scriptures to transform your life.  These 3 ladies had very different styles of teaching as well as topics, but all 3 ladies left me wanting more!

How about you?

Do you long for the word of God?

If so, are you making time to study it?

If not, why?
Why is it that we can read all kinds of books except the one book of TRUTH?  

I am writing about this, because God has burdened me to spend more time with him.  Some weeks I am in the Word daily, other weeks I barely have time to read my Sunday School  lesson.  We all have priorities in our life.  Our families, our church, our jobs, etc...but shouldn't God be our first priority?  And how can we serve him effectively if we do not know His Word?

Sunday School teachers can teach it, the pastor can preach it, our music can  sing it, but it is up to us to believe it, live it, and continue to "dig deeper".  Why??  Because the Bible is WORTHY!  It is worthy to be meditated on, it is worthy to be pondered, and it is worthy to be treasured in your heart!

"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
Hebrews 5:12

As Kay Arthur said, "God is not salt and pepper.  We don't just add Him to our lives.  He should be our life!  We don't just sprinkle a little God here and sprinkle a little God there." 

So as I "dig deeper", I encourage you to do the same.  We will never arrive at the point where we know it all.  There is always room to grow in our relationship with God.  Knowing the Word of God is in your reach.  Will you reach out and take it?  Will you read it? Will you let it transform your life?  I have committed to follow hard after Christ.  Will you journey with me and do the same?

* If you are not sure where to begin reading, may I suggest the 4 Gospels: Mathew, Mark, Luke, or John.

Dear Father in Heaven, I will seek to see you, hear you, and follow hard after you in every part of my day!  I will take your Holy Word and study it so that I might become all you would have me to be. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!
    You have a blog Kristie!
    Good for you!
    What a wonderful way to share your BIG HEART!
    Delighted to see that you are following God's perfect plan for YOU!
    I do believe HE has BIG plans for YOU!
    GO for it!
    xoxoxoxo
    Hugs!
    Teresa
    Bainbridge Island!

    ReplyDelete