Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Saturday, December 18, 2010

What is missing?



My trees are up!
My stockings are hung!


The Elf is on the shelf!
My garland and wreathes are in place accompanied by a life size snowman on the front porch!
My gifts are bought!

So, Shouldn’t I be in the Christmas spirit??  I know that we are now in the Christmas season and Christmas day is approaching ever so quickly but for some reason…I’m just not feeling it.  What is missing?  As I wonder what could make me in more of a festive mood, I realize…that’s not what Christmas is all about.

Remember the saying…
“JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!”

Instead of trying to get excited about the festivities of the holidays, just maybe I should try humility and focus on Jesus instead.  How is it that I can get so distracted from Jesus during the very season that is meant to remind us of Him?!  We are celebrating the birth of our Savior!

The nativity (Luke 1 & 2)…what a story this scene tells!
Imagine…the Lord of Lords and King of Kings was born in a stable and placed in a manger.  As he grew up, He was perfect in every way.  Without a sin, this same Jesus was stripped naked, beaten, and died on a cross to save you and I from our sins.
Let’s enter this Christmas season with humble hearts focusing on Christ Jesus!

"For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder.  And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6  

Oh come let us adore Him, Christ the Lord!

Don't forget to click "Follow"!

1 comment:

  1. I had a dear friend call me wanting to know what was really wrong with me. How sweet, but I did not mean to make anyone worry or put a damper on anyone's spirits! Nothing is wrong. I was just writing from my heart! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete