Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Monday, January 10, 2011

Coincidence? I say not!

It was an ordinary afternoon when I buckled my children into their car seats and left my mother’s house.  I was headed home.  After being on the road for only a few miles, the winds began to blow.  The lightning began to strike.  The rain began to pour.  I could feel my car swaying with the wind.  I could barely see the road.  I turned off the radio and Tad and I began to pray.  Only seconds after we said amen the winds, the lightning and the rain ceased.   Now the world would say it was a coincidence…I say our God hears our prayers!

Jeremiah 33:3 says “Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.”

God wants us to call out to Him.  Yes He knows our heart’s desire and yes He knows what we need, but He still wants us to call to Him.

My Grandmother Creel has always been my prayer warrior.  She taught me to pray at a very young age and I can’t ever remember a visit with her when she didn’t pray with me.  Ten years ago, I was dealing with an issue in my life and I called my grandmother to pray for me.  She responded by saying, “Kristie, have you prayed about this?”  I hadn’t and my heart was convicted.  I knew I needed God’s help with this issue, but instead of taking the time to pray myself, I called her to pray.  That day my prayer life changed.  I knew I needed to take it to a deeper level.

1 John 5:14 “Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.”  

The key there is “according to His will”.  How do we know what His will is?  The more time you spend with Jesus, the more His desires will become your desires.  And may I say that sometimes we don’t know His will.  

As I watched my best friend die of cancer, I will never forget falling on my face before God and crying out to Him.  Only I didn’t have the words to pray.  I felt the Holy Spirit interceding for me.  

Romans 8:26 says “Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses.  For we do not know what we should pray as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groaning which cannot be uttered.”  

Aren’t you glad we serve a Lord that intercedes for us according to the perfect will of God?
Check back next week for more on strengthening your prayer life and don’t forget to follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment