Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Commit in 2011

(continued from "Coincidence?  I say not!")

When my husband, Dennis, and I joined the Watchman Prayer Warriors Ministry at church 6 years ago, we had no idea how God would use it to strengthen our marriage.  We decided to take a prayer hour together.  I’ll never forget the first time Dennis held my hand as we knelt by the couch to pray.  Again, God took my prayer life to a deeper level.

We soon began having family prayer time every night.  A little over a year ago, after kneeling beside my son’s bed for prayer, I looked up and huge tears were coming down his face.  I immediately panicked, asking him what was wrong.   He replied, “Mama, if I died tonight, I don’t know if I would go to heaven.”  Wow!  I had no idea that God would use a routine prayer time to convict my child’s heart.  He gave his life to Christ.

Do you want to know what God’s plan is for you? Ask Him.  Spend time with Him.  Spend time in His Word.  It will give you victory in many battles that you face.  May I ask you, why would you not want to strengthen your prayer life?  Do you realize that God gives us 168 hours every week to use as we please? Why not spend a few of those with Him?

May I suggest you use a prayer journal?  Write down your prayers and your praises.  Look back and see where God has answered your prayers.  I think so often we pray about something and never give Him the praise when He answers.  He doesn’t always answer the way we want, but He does always answer.

I’m challenging you to strengthen your prayer life in 2011.  I believe that by committing to this you will experience God like never before.  Prayer will empower you to accomplish the will of the Lord in your life.

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks find, and to him who knocks, it will be opened.” Matthew 7: 7-8

2 comments:

  1. Kristie - I would love to hear more about how your Watchman Prayer Warriors Ministry works. My husband and I were just discussing the need for our church to be more intentional about prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this post. I keep a prayer journal, but I haven't kept it up lately. I need to get back to it. :) Thanks for the encouragement. :) By the way, Lindsey Darby referred me to your site. I'm new with Internet CEO mom's and I'm working to get my own blog going. :)

    Thanks for the reminder of needing to be in God's Word everyday and to journal. :)

    Thanks. Gina

    ReplyDelete