Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine’s Day


Ahh…the holiday that celebrates love!  This is the flower shop’s busiest day.  Many people think roses, chocolate and cupid.  How about you?  What does this holiday make you think of? 

When I was single, I thought it was silly holiday.  I laughed at all the balloons that filled the cars going by.

My first Valentine’s Day with my husband, I loved the roses that were sent to me at work and the weekend getaway.

Nine years later, I feel that he should save the money from the roses.  They will eventually die.  I’d rather have the house cleaned, the laundry done, or supper cooked would be nice! 

Ha!  Over the years my thoughts on this holiday have changed.  Don't get me wrong, I still love the romantic side of my husband, but why do we reserve one day a year to tell people we love them?  Shouldn’t this be every day?

And on this “Love” holiday, don’t forget the One who showed you His love by dying a painful death on a wooden cross.

John 3:16 (NIV) “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

Wishing you a happy Valentine’s Day and the love of our Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment