Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Monday, June 6, 2011

A NOT-SO-GRATEFUL DAY

I tried to be grateful and full of smiles and laughs as I awoke this past mother's day.  However, my pregnancy hormones had control.  I held back tears as I tried to thank my husband and children for breakfast.  I don't have an answer to why I was so emotional, but I was.  As we left for church with my Bible, SS book, journal and purse in hand, I slipped on the top step and fell all the way down.  I'm sure my fall was not pretty.  Needless to say, I only sat through the first few minutes of church.  I tiptoed out before I made a scene with sobbing tears.  To make matters worse, on the way home from church, my husband informed me that he could not take the boys to school the next day.  He had to be at work early.  The problem was that I also had to be at work early.  After arriving home, I went into my bathroom (my quiet place) and prayed.
Lord, You are my strength and my fortress.  In You I trust.  I am giving You my burdens and asking You to lift them.  Give me peace and help me to see my blessings and Your provision in my life. Amen
Within an hour, the phone rang.  A coworker called to tell me that I was on heart and she wondered if she could do anything for me.  "PRAISE GOD" was my response!  "Yes, You can do my morning duty."

God put it on her heart to call me and she responded to the call.  I was overjoyed at how God had answered my prayer.  After thanking her and God, I began to wonder how many times I had missed His call.  How many times had I told Him no because I was to tired, too busy, too uncertain or too insecure for a divine appointment.  I lifted my heart to the Lord again...Lord, Please use me to bless others just as she blessed me.  Allow me to hear Your call and say yes.  Thank you for answering my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment