Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Monday, October 31, 2011

Multitasking

My sons’ faces light up when they hear their daddy’s voice.  “YAY!  Daddy’s home!!” they scream.  I asked my 4 year old, “What can daddy do that I can’t?”  He quickly responded, “Daddy plays with me.”  In defense, I reminded him that we were just playing with playdoh.  He reminded me that I was cooking supper and he was playing with playdoh.  I said, “Well we watched a movie together.”  He interjected that he watched the movie while I fed Avery. 

Hummm…Guess I was multitasking instead of giving my child the attention he wanted and deserved.  Isn’t that what we women are good at…multitasking? 

As I went to bed that night thinking about our conversation, I wondered…Do I do this with God? 

I pray…as I’m cleaning house.

I worship…as I drive in my car.

I read the Bible…but lately it has been a verse here and a verse there (usually while I'm feeding Avery!).

God reminded me that these are all good.   He wants to be a part of my busy day, but He also wants me to have a quiet and intimate time with Him.   He wants my full attention.   I can’t help but to believe that it is in the stillness that I will know Him better! 

Psalm 46:10 “Be still and know that I am God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment