Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Thursday, March 22, 2012

"Holy Rollers"

“Holy Rollers!”  Have you ever been called names because of your relationship with Christ?  Have you ever not been invited somewhere because people knew you would not participate?  It can really hurt.  The old saying, “sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me”…it’s not true.  Words do hurt.

I can remember the first time I heard my husband and I  called  “holy rollers” and the first time we were not invited to a New Year’s party that our friends hosted.   Feeling discouraged, I opened God’s word and He showed me that we as Christians will be persecuted.  The Bible doesn’t tell us that our life will be easy.
Matthew 10:22  “And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake.  But he who endures to the end will be saved.”

I imagine the disciples might have been called something similar to that.  Don’t you?  Jesus approached them at work and told them to “Follow Me.”  The Bible says they “immediately” left their boat and their father and followed Jesus.  Yep, they left everything they had worked for behind.  I’m sure people thought they were crazy.  But like Jesus said about Mary, “Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.”

What will you choose today?  Worldly things which are temporary or eternity with Jesus?

1 comment:

  1. Kristie,
    This is so true, but I choose to make it to an eternal home than just a place that we are passing through. You just stay the way you are it will take you so much farther than a one night party will ever take you. You have a beautiful family. May God Richly Bless you in everything you put your hands to. Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete