Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Decisions, Decisions


To press snooze or not?
  Cook breakfast or grab it on the go? 
Dress pants or jeans? 
Stick to your diet or eat the cake?  

We are faced with many decisions every day.  Most of the time, they are so simple we don’t even realize we are choosing.  But what happens when we are faced with a life changing decision? 

To move or stay where you are?
To change jobs or keep the one you have?
To marry or stay single?

My husband and I were recently faced with a decision to make.  Knowing that God should be our first “go-to”, we both committed to pray.  As I searched Scripture for answers I was led to John 16:13b.
“… He(the Holy Spirit) will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears, He will speak…”
The verse immediately reminded me of John 10. 
“My sheep hear My voice and they follow Me.”

I have Good News for you!  If you are a child of God, you too can hear His voice.  Take time to spend with Him.  Allow Him to guide you and give you a peace about your decisions.  Peace is the presence of the Lord.  It comes when we adjust our lives to the will of God.
1.     Listen to God
2.    Obey
3.    Claim your peace

He longs to lead you through the life He has planned out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment