Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Clutter

I felt my temperature rise and my face become boiling red as I tried to enter my son’s bedroom.  The problem, you ask?  There was no place to walk.  Toys covered the floor.   I became so angry that I immediately slammed the door.  I didn’t want to look at it.  Now maybe this rage was brought on by a hormonal mood swing, but I was done with constantly asking him to clean his room.  I went straight for a trash bag.  I’ll show him!  When he returns home from school he will be missing half of the items in his room!  Maybe then he can keep it clean.
I went first for what appeared to be trash.  As I reached down I picked up a drawing he had made.  It was of our family (his father and I, his brother, and him holding his new baby brother).  I took a deep breath.  I again picked up another paper.  This was a math sheet he used to practice for a test.  On the top of the page he had written “I love my family.”  My heart melted.  Among this clutter in his room was the precious heart of my 8 year old son.  I sat in the floor and began to thank God for showing me the important things in life.
The Lord began to remind me of His blessings.  This room of clutter isn’t near as important as the heart and soul of my children.  As you enter today’s frustrations and clutter in your life, ask yourself “Does this really matter?”  Focus on what matters most to God and thank Him for revealing it to you!
Colossians 3:15 “And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body, and be thankful”

1 comment:

  1. I needed this today. I have been stressed maybe even depressed about the same type thing lately. God used you (since I must be toning Him out) to remind me that the ballgames, tickle fights and just good old talks on the bed in the middle of the choas called a room are better than a perfect house!

    ReplyDelete