Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Sunday, November 28, 2010

PEACE and Quiet

My oldest child is enjoying father/son time doing “man” stuff.  My youngest is napping.  I’m sitting on my porch starring out into God’s creation.  What’s that I hear??  NOTHING!  It is PEACE and QUIET!  I don’t get that very often at my house.  The tranquility of the moment reminds me of God’s perfect peace.  My soul often longs for that peace.

I don’t believe it is God’s plan for His children to get so overwhelmed with life that we end up having panic attacks, severe depression, and only hanging on by a thread.  I’ve been there…my freshman year of college.  At my lowest moment, God spoke to me and reminded me that my mind was not fixed on Him.  In my case, my depression stemmed from the death of my brother.  Instead of grieving, I was trying to stay busy so I wouldn’t have to face reality.  Maybe you’ve experienced some of these same feelings.

Isaiah 26:3
“ You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in You.”

We can choose peace!  Our peace should not depend on our circumstances.  Choose today to cast your cares, anxieties, and fears upon Him and receive the abundant life He offers!  Do not dwell in your difficulties any longer.

Think about how Jesus calmed the wind and rain in Luke 8:22-25.  If He can speak peace to the storm, He can definitely speak peace into your life.

Perfect peace is promised.  It may be difficult to imagine, but I encourage you to pursue it.  God will make a way for you when it seems there is no way.

I recently took my children to Chuck-E-Cheese.  Amongst all of the children’s squeals of excitement and joy, I heard Dawson’s cry.  As I looked up, I saw him at the top of the slide.  He climbed up, but was suddenly afraid when he looked down.  Scared to climb down or to slide down, he cried out for help.  When Tad heard his cry, he dropped his tokens and tickets and ran to Dawson’s rescue.  Calmness came upon Dawson when he saw Tad coming and they embraced when Tad arrived at the top.

I immediately thought about the way God loves us.  Don’t you think He wants us to run to him with open arms?  I’m sure we too could experience calmness and serenity!

Dear God, Prince of Peace, Thank You for caring for us and bestowing upon your children a peace that surpasses all understanding (Phil. 4:7).  Help me to be anxious for nothing, fix my eyes on You and remain in You.  Thank You for promising a perfect peace!  Amen. 

Don't forget to "follow" me!  

1 comment:

  1. Kristie...this is an awesome blog!!!! I am so glad you have this. You encourage me every time I see you with your sweet smile and it shows through you that you are a Godly woman!! I love you and am so proud of you!!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete