Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Monday, November 15, 2010

A Thankful Heart

I love the holidays - any holiday…Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter…!  They make me think of spending time with family, eating lots of good foods, and not to mention time OFF work (one of the perks of being a school teacher)!

With Thanksgiving less than two weeks away, I’d like to prepare my heart for what this holiday is all about – being thankful!  At the top of my list is “being chosen”.  I’m giving thanks to God for choosing me to be his child. 

John 15:16 (NIV) In this scripture Jesus clearly states, “You did not choose me, but I chose you!” (OK – I added the exclamation point, but that’s how I imagine Him saying it!)

What or who are you thankful for in your life right now?  I encourage you to start a list today.  Write something down every day until Thanksgiving.  Encourage your family and friends to do the same thing.  Read it aloud during your Thanksgiving meal.  It is amazing how your heart changes when you intentionally focus on being thankful.  The little things don’t seem to matter as much. 

Dawson, my 3 year-old son, made a list like this last Sunday in Sunday School.  Even though he did not list his mother & father on his list, he did list his big brother Tad.  As Tad read Dawson’s list, his faced BEAMED!  He was overwhelmed with the love of his brother.

Your thankful list just might touch another person’s heart in a special way!

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for choosing me to be a daughter of the King.  I pray that my heart will overflow with thankfulness during this thanksgiving season and that I will focus on you and not the things of the world that try to steal our joy!  Amen

Come back for part 2 of "A Thankful Heart".

*Don't forget to "follow" me!  Click here to learn how!

No comments:

Post a Comment