Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Thankful Heart - part 2

ENTER HIS GATES WITH THANKSGIVING IN YOUR HEART, ENTER HIS GATES WITH PRAISE! (Psalm 100:4)

Does that put a song in your heart?  It does mine!  I love to hear the choir sing this!

I challenged you last week to begin a thankful list.  Have you?  What's on it?  Please share with us! (Click here to read A Thankful Heart - Part 1.)
My children working on their "thankful" tree.
Tad & Dawson show their completed trees.
(Dawson has permanent marker on his lip!)

If you haven't began your thankful list, maybe it is because you don't feel very Thankful at the moment.  We all face trials in our lives which sometimes give us the blues.  
Do you remember Paul and Silas?  Acts 16 tells about  these two men being beaten and imprisoned.  As they sat in the prison with their feet chained, they began to sing hymns to God.  They praised God even through their horrible circumstance.  

Even though you may not feel like praising God for your current situation, praise Him for what He has already done.  He died on the cross and rose again.  He will supply all of our needs (Phil. 4:19), not just some.  Give thanks for what is already accomplished! 

Why?  Because the Bible tell us to!
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with THANKSGIVING, let your request be made known to God."
Philippians 4:6

Dear Heavenly Father, El Shaddai - God Almighty, 
I praise you!  For You are worthy! 
I pray that like Paul, I will learn to sing your praises during whatever trials I face.  God...if anyone reads this blog with a hurting heart, please put Your comforting hands upon them and guide them to rest in You.
Amen

Don't forget to leave a comment with something you are thankful for!

4 comments:

  1. I have a lot to be thankful for. I am thankful for Jesus my Saviour, and all the blessings he has brought to me.
    Thank you God for all that grows,
    Thank you for the sky's rainbows,
    Thank you for the stars that shine,
    Thank you for all the family & friends of mine,
    Thank you for the moon and sun,
    Thank you God for all you've done!

    Take care and have a blesed day
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for life from the Giver of life, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! I am thankful for my family and friends. I am thankful for my trials and tribulations. I am thankful that I can be a blessing to someone else. I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful that God placed people like you to post things like this to lead us to the place that God has for us in this moment. I am thankful for a God that answers prayers. I am thankful for my family that has been a miricle from God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for everyday God gives.I am also thankful for my wonderful children. I am thankful for you. I miss you and you are always in heart and prayers. I love you and love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete