Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Monday, November 1, 2010

Wedding Day

As a little girl, I can remember planning my wedding day.  My bridesmaids and groom changed many times as I grew up but my colors and flowers stayed the same.  I always imagined what that day would be like.  Would the church be full of my family and friends?  Would my prince charming sweep me off my feet? 

No matter how much we long for the love of our life, a human mate will never be able to totally satisfy our hearts.  We were created to be filled by a Holy God. 

Matt 9:15  Jesus is called the Bridegroom.

Before Jesus ascended into heaven, he told his disciples (John 14:2-4) he was going to prepare a place for us and He will come back for us.

Do you ever imagine the Bridegroom's return?  I imagine hearing the trumpet and seeing amazing sights coming down from heaven.  Will I be so overwhelmed that I will cry?  Will I be so excited that I will laugh?  Will I be so surrounded with a Holy God that I cannot utter a sound?  The Bible tells us that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those in heaven, of those on earth, and of those under the earth and every tongue will confess Jesus Christ is Lord…So maybe I will fall to my knees crying, “Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!”  What a day that will be! 

Does your heart ever feel burdened for those people around you who do not know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior?  Judgment Day is real and it is coming!  The Bible tells us of this day in Revelation 20:11-15.  So as my pastor would say, "GO TELL IT!"  Tell the good news of Christ!  It is not God's will that anyone be left behind on that day.

I would like to invite you, your family and friends to Judgment House at Greensboro Baptist Church. Judgment House is a drama performed by our church members.  This year's title is "Behind the Family Portrait."  It will take place on Saturday, November 6th and Sunday, November 7th.  You can come anytime between 6 and 10pm on Saturday or 6-9pm on Sunday.  I hope to see you there! 

 If you are reading this and you are not sure where you will spend eternity, scroll to the top and read about salvation.  We are not promised tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment